Cats for adoption in houston
Looking for love?
The Houston SPCA adoption center is a fun and friendly showcase of animals looking for a new place to call home. We look forward to seeing you here soon and often.
How do I adopt?
Because we help so many kinds of animals, the Houston SPCA offers a virtual menagerie of adoption opportunities. Take a look.
Visit us at 900 Portway Drive, Houston, TX 77024. We’re open seven days a week, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. To adopt a horse or a farm animal, fill out our online Farm Animal & Equine Adoption Application. Appointments are required to visit our horses and farm animal friends.
What are the rules?
To adopt one of our animals, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Bring current photo identification
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household—we encourage you to bring the entire family!
- Bring a credit card or cash to pay for the adoption fee.
What does it cost?
Our adoption fees vary, and we try to keep them affordable. Unfortunately, that means they don’t come close to covering the costs of rescue, rehabilitation and adoption efforts for the thousands of animals we care for each year. In fact, it costs about $400 to get an animal ready for adoption, so we rely on generous donations to make up the difference. If you can, please consider making a donation in addition to your adoption fee to help another homeless animal find a forever home.
Puppies/small dogs in the Spot Peabody Room - $195
Purebred dogs - $195
Large dogs - $95
Kittens - $95
Cats - $65
Ferrets - $75
Rabbits - $30
Guinea pigs - $15
Small rodents - $3
Pet Birds - Fees vary by species
What do you get with every adoption?
- A best friend happy to provide a lifetime of unconditional love
- A health evaluation, age-appropriate vaccinations and rabies vaccinations for felines and canines three months and older
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Heartworm testing for dogs six months of age and older
- One adoption gift courtesy of Hill’s Science Diet
- A complimentary overall wellness examination from a VCA Animal Hospital
- A HomeAgain microchip with free lifetime registration
The Houston SPCA has animals of all sizes, breeds, colors and ages who need permanent, loving homes. Many senior animals find their way to the shelter for a number of reasons. The truth is that age is just a number. Senior animals who are seven years or older are loyal, affectionate, require moderate exercise and are usually settled in their behavior.
The fee to adopt a “Golden Paws” pet is $45 for cats and $75 for dogs. Golden Paws animals receive the same adoption package.